Cycling Adventures for Singles & Solos
.. more dinner party than coach party ..
When you put a small mixed group of 8 international travellers together all intent on enjoying a cycling adventure, it creates an atmosphere that is far more dinner party than coach party.
Around 40% of our cycling guests are unaccompanied, single and solo travellers.Take me For a Cycling Adventure in Italy
🧳 Everyone Should Travel Solo at Least Once
Whatever your reasons for travelling, experiencing something as an individual whether you travel as part of a small group of new friends or absolutely alone it is stimulating, deeply satisfying and generates a quiet sense of contentment.
🚴♂️🚴🏻♀️🚴🏻 Group Cycling Adventures for Mature Solo Travellers
As one of just 8 guests, there is sufficient space to find a quiet corner and enjoy your privacy or to jump in and find new friends.
Your fellow travellers are typically couples and other solo and single travellers with an international mix of English, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealanders.
👍🏼 Why Is Travelling Solo Good for Me?
Travelling helps to promote a sense of personal gratitude and to develop positive habits. On an Inspired ITALY cycling adventure, you gain insight, you might even consider it as educational.
There are health benefits too. The vitamin D boost from riding your bike under the Italian sun helps improve your general wellbeing, not to mention a healthy diet and daily exercise!
What Support Is Provided?
💁🏼 📲 ☎️
You virtually meet your fellow travellers 7 to 10 days before arrival. Your guide creates a private *WhatsApp Group – we call it your ‘virtual guide’. Through this group, you receive reminders and useful information.
The WhatsApp group remains intact throughout your time with us and until such time as you wish to leave! Some of our Virtual Guide groups are still active after 3 years!
While you are cycling, there is emergency vehicle support and of course, your bike leader guide is there with you from dawn until dusk each day.
*GDPR rules apply
Can You Help Me Find Flights, Airports & Transfers?
✈️ 🚂 🚕
Yes! Our bonding does not permit us to sell flights, but we help with guidance on airlines, airport and transfers from the airport to the hotel.
Just let us know your preferred start point and we’ll put you on the right track!
🗣 Learn a Little of the Local Language
To get the very best from your cycling adventure, learn a little Italian. Most northern Europeans who try to speak Italian get the pronunciation mixed up with Spanish, which is understandable as there are many similarities. But the pronunciation is quite different. Practice with your guide.
Your fellow travellers are typically couples and other solo and single travellers usually with an international mix of English, American, Canadian, Australian and New Zealanders.
👀 8 Benefits of Cycling with a Guide
Everything is taken care of but you are not insulated you from the experience
- You enjoy your journey far more as you get to see the countryside and local sights through the eyes of history, gossip, legend and fact. The region abounds with stories from 2,500 years ago right through to modern-day and WWII history.
- You don’t have to worry about where you’re going. Your Guide knows the route by heart. Some guests like to understand the details of the day and your guide will help share this with you using Google Maps. And a .GPX file of your actual ride is available for those who are very keen!
- Your full-time bike leader stays with you in the same accommodation. You will eat together and they are always available, 24/7 to assist, support, to answer your queries and generally ensure that the atmosphere is relaxed, fun and enjoyable.
- Your bike leader guide maybe a little more mature than many of their contemporaries! They are seasoned social hosts, first aid trained and they know the area intimately having lived in Italy for 20 years.
- Everything is taken care of, even your coffee order! Your bike leader guide is extremely experienced in dealing with mixed groups and is there to offer their support. But, at the same time, you are not insulated from the experience. You can order your own coffee if you wish. Indeed, we’ll encourage you to do so!
- Your eBike Leader ensures that the pace is comfortable for everyone in the group and that you have plenty of time for the best lunches, ice creams and coffee stops!
- Unforeseen technical issues are dealt with immediately and without fuss. Your bike leader guide is responsible for checking your bike and makes sure that you are safe on the road.
- Your bike leader guide shares with you places that are less well known where local events have escaped the greater world. The monument to WWII victims, an Etruscan gravesite the holiday home of a well know personality.
🚲 What Style of Bike Do I Ride?
The Raleigh Motus Grand Tour step-through
The Raleigh Motus Grand Tour step-through is one of the most popular electric bikes sold in the United Kingdom and is ideal for touring in Italy.
An electric bike provides you with powered assistance to supplement your own efforts as you pedal to your next destination. It isn’t cheating! You still have to use your own muscles to push the pedals around, but your level of effort is determined by the power-assist setting that you select. And remember, when you stop pedalling, there is no power just like and ordinary bicycle!
Our bikes use the best electric assist system from world leaders Bosch, there are five power settings, Off, Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo.
With each bike you have a water bottle; a rearview mirror; a larger pannier; pump; spare inner tube; hi-vis safety jacket; rain cape; bike computer and battery charger. Your bike leader guide carries a Bosch GPS with route preloaded; multi-tool kit; map and first aid kit.
Inspired ITALY Cycling Adventures for Singles & Solo Travellers
BE A TRAVELLER, not a tourist
Umbria for Wine Lovers 🍇🍷
Explore & Delight in Umbria’s Rural Wineries
☀️ 7 Nights | 6 Days
☀️ Umbria’s Best Wine Tours & Tastings by Bike
☀️ Easy Cycling
Explore & delight in Umbria’s rural wineries, discover new wines, grapes and flavours along the broad open valleys, garnished by the vines of virtuoso winemakers, ancient olive groves and towering cypress trees, making Umbria one of the outstanding yet lesser-known wine regions in Italy.
🍇🍷Visit the Vineyards of Lamborghini, Gritti, Montefalco Sagrantino & Torgiano Rosso Riserva🍷 🍇
Umbria for Wine Lovers is a Fully Guided Cycle & Wine Tour
The Day I Saw Siena
CHIANTI | SIENA | SAN GIMIGNANO
☀️ 7 Nights | 6 Days
☀️ Art, architecture, food & history, but get the most from the people
☀️ Mostly Easy Cycling with some short Moderate sections
The Chianti towns of Greve, Radda and Lecchi set amongst contoured valleys and vineyards, vie for your Tuscany memories challenged by the unmistakeable Crete Sinesi towns of Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Volterra. What a tussle it promises to be!
☀️ Cycling to be Enjoyed, Not Endured ☀️
🍇 Tuscany for Wine Lovers: The Terroir of Tuscany
VINO NOBILE | BRUNELLO | CHIANTI 🍷
☀️ 7 Nights | 6 Days
☀️ RECOMMENDED BY: The Sunday Times Best Cycling Breaks
☀️ Mostly Moderate Cycling with some Easy sections
When Marco Molesini proudly declares that, “in Italy, God makes the wine,” maybe he should add that God has paired Tuscany’s wines with some truly remarkable ‘cycling terroir’.
It is not only the Tuscan wines that have ‘good legs’. The Bosch pedal-assist power of your eBike means you have ‘good legs’ too, while the gel saddle will soften your ‘Palate’ and Tuscan cycling terroir is as spicy and lingering as its famous Brunello di Montalcino.
☀️ Cycling to be Enjoyed, Not Endured ☀️
GIROe: Grand Tour of Tuscany
eRoad Bike: Have a Great Ride, Every Day
🚴♂️ 7 Nights | 6 Days
🚴♂️ Lapierre e-Xelius 600 SL Disc Carbon | Gives You the Legs of a Pro
🚴♂️ Tuscany’s Cycling Terroir & History | 6 days | 393 Km | 8,345m
Cycling legends Gino Bartali, Paolo Bettini and Mario Cipollini hail from these parts and Mark Cavendish, winner of 25 Tour de France stages, lives and trains here. Find out why Tuscany is a cycling mecca and ride the famous Giro d’Italia, l’Eroica and Strade Bianche stages.