he Sunday The Times included Rifugio Averau on the list of the ten best mountain restaurants in the Alps. Inspired ITALY guests have come to know this place as 'Averwow'!
ASL 2,413m / 9,028ft
The New York Times on Rifugio Averau (its a little out of date now, but still worth the read. READ MORE ...
The Cinque Torri ski area offers a handful of ski slopes. They are all very memorable.
Cinque Torri gets its name from the Five Towers of rock that dominate the skyline. The ski slopes are long, wide pistes, all classified as red/intermediate.
Rifugio Averau is a family run, high-mountain restaurant. Located on a ridge within the 5 Torri ski area above Cortina d'Ampezzo. It has commanding southerly views of Civetta and Marmolada and Tofana di Rozes to the north.
You will always find Sandro, his wife Paola, eldest son Matteo and daughter Margot behind the bar, taking orders and welcoming guests.
- FACILITIES: Four private bedrooms with en suite & balconies; Three dormitory style rooms with shared bathroom facilities; Restaurant; Bar; Terrace;
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Outstanding Vistas; Wonderful Wine List; Exceptional menu
'Averau' has won many Italian and international awards for their refined, traditional dishes. Try the "cappelli d'alpino" or the "Cialsons" dish from Friuli prepared by chef Paola. And for dessert, try the delicious Prosecco cake with Amaretti. Personally by Sandro.
Wherever possible, you will have a private bedroom with en suite facilities. However, rifugi sell beds, not rooms and it is likely that you will have to share a room with fellow members of your Dolomites Ski Safari.
Rifugio Averau features as part of the following Inspired ITALY Dolomites Ski Safari adventures ...
- CLASSIC Dolomites Safari - CLICK HERE
- VENTURE Dolomites Safari - CLICK HERE
- SPECIAL Dolomites Safari - CLICK HERE
- Dolomites Safari for Solo Skiers - CLICK HERE